Random Cycling Quote

Friday, May 1, 2009

Penn State weekend

Today between 2 and 2:30, we will be heading for Penn State University for a fun-filled race weekend. The only thing different this year is that instead of an Individual Time Trial, Penn State changed it to a Team TT.

Road Race:
I don't expect much for this. I'm just going to do my best to stay with the field until the 5 mile straight up hill climb. After that, we'll see.

Criterium:
Last year this was one of my best criterium results during the season. My only fear is the power climb, as I'm usually attacking them too hard, have to take a short break while everyone gets away from me, and then get dropped like a bomb. I'm going to have to find that medium of power, yet conservation of energy. I'm going for a few preme points as well, and hope to place top 15.

Weather Report:
Rain all weekend. I usually hate rain in all other events/sports/etc., but I'm going to really be thankful of the rain this weekend for cycling. It slows everyone else down, while I still race at nearly the same pace/effort. Just like the Philly Phlyer weekend, I'm hoping to kick some butt!

Race reports to follow the next few days!

No comments: