Random Cycling Quote

Friday, May 22, 2009

Track Racing begins TOMORROW!

The moment is here. I have been waiting a long time for this! I officially make my debut to track racing tomorrow at about 12:00. The Rookies and Masters race series for the 2009 summer season begins in less than 24 hours at the Valley Preferred Cycling Center (formally Lehigh Valley Velodrome in Trexlertown, PA!

I don't feel in my best fitness at the moment (due to my road bike still being in the shop) but I was on the track several times in the last few weeks and am ready regardless of my fitness level. I'm nervous of course, since I do not know what to expect as to the experience and level of the other riders in my field. I'm starting out at Cat 5, but I believe after this weekend, unless I do extremely bad, that I will be upgrading to Cat 4 due to my past experiences on the track.

So, since I do not know the itinerary for tomorrow since I won't see it until I get there, I cannot come up with a game plan. So I'm just going to leave this post as it is. Expect a post-race report tomorrow night or Sunday.

Masters and Rookies series race schedule:
http://www.thevelodrome.com/mastersandrookies.php

Until next time...

No comments: