Random Cycling Quote

Monday, May 18, 2009

One chapter ends, another begins

This past Saturday was the 2009 DeSales University graduation. I completed my required courses and internship credits, and got to walk and officially GRADUATE!

While I will miss my friends, especially the many of those that I'll never see again, the professors and staff, the security guards I made friends with and always hung out with... I will especially miss more than anything the cycling team. While I will still help out with the club/team in the future, I will never race and represent DeSales University again. It was the cycling team that made me the person I am today, and it has hit me recently that this is real, I will never race with them again.

I don't think it's really going to hit me until the winter time, when the ECCC season will be posted and I will have to look at it, knowing I won't be racing any of them collegiately. It's going to suck, but I will stay involved with ECCC one way or another.

Coming up, my first track race on Saturday (May 23). I was on the track early sunday with some teammates, and I didn't feel like a track racer anymore. I'm going to do a quick-boost kind of thing this week, going to the track 2 or 3 more times before Saturday. More on this later in the week. Thanks for reading!

No comments: