Random Cycling Quote

Thursday, April 30, 2009

X-Pot

ok, I just realized I forgot to update on X-Pot, so for that it'll just be a quick update:

The Road race was seriously like Pro-Level, with the ridiculous climb that I ended up walking up the first lap. The Second lap I was able to get up, barely. I got pulled out of the race after the second lap, so I could not do all three laps. I'm almost thankful for that, because I don't think I would have wanted to do the hill again.

Criterium: Definitely not a criterium. More of a circuit race with a wheel pit. I somehow managed to get placed 22nd out of 50+, but I'm almost certain that is a mistake. I got lapped by the field but they let me still race the last two laps. 22nd, really? Oh, I did beat out two RIT guys in a final sprint. I even caught up to a guy who was in front of me by about 20 yards or so, but I'm pretty sure he was a lap ahead of me. I just felt like working on my pursuit/sprint.

There it is in a nutshell. I'll be posting about the Penn State weekend later tonight or tomorrow morning. I've been so busy with the last week or two of school that everything has just been stressful and overwhelming, and I haven't been able to do my regular updating. However, I'm officially done with classes today, and with no finals I have a little more time to myself. Just got a few more hours for my internships and I'll be done.

No comments: