Random Cycling Quote

Friday, April 11, 2008

False sense of Spring

I got my wish from the post several days, Spring has visited us for the past two days... however the next 2-4 days are supposed to be pretty crappy with rain and all... hopefully after that Spring will make its full appearance.

Today was a great day to be sunny and warm. Nearing the 70s, there was a training crit today that is held every Thursday from Spring to Fall. Last week was the first week but I did not get a chance to go. I made myself go today though because of the nice weather. I also got my wish of not only racing without leg-warmers, but I also raced with nothing covering my arms and fingerless gloves! Great day for riding!

Not much to say about the training crit though... since I didn't go all out. I was leading the first lap until the final turn when a few guys attacked... I kept up with the increasing speed for a bit but my main purpose for today was to train (hence a training crit) for the Boston weekend. Some of the guys take it too seriously, and the only prize is at the end of the month a free pizza from Pizza Hut or something like that to the highest point-maker. I got lapped twice, the second time was just at the end of the final lap, as expected, again because I didn't go all out. I could've done a lot better but I just wanted to ride in a racing setting to prepare for Boston.

Dear Spring,

Thanks for showing up finally, I hope you show up for good until Summer after the next few days of rain! Also, be good to me in the Boston area this weekend.

Yours Truly,
Zach

No comments: