Random Cycling Quote

Friday, April 25, 2008

Dartmouth Weekend

The four of us, Kim, Christina, Scott and myself, just arrived at a Motel 8 in Vermont, about 10 minutes from our criterium location tomorrow morning. This weekend, there is a Team Time Trial, Criterium and Road Race. The TTT and Criterium are tomorrow. Due to lack of riders in same category, we are not doing the TTT. The first Criterium race is mine, at 11:05, which is nice for a change since now we don't have to get up until later. I believe we're planing to leave at like 9:15 or so, so we can be sure I have enough time to get ready for my race.

The course is 3/4 mile long per lap, and my race will be going for 30 minutes. Some technical turns as mentioned in the race flier, but no mention of any hills or flats, so I'm hoping to get there early enough to take a few laps before the first race at 10:25 goes off. My plan, just stick with the peloton, hopefully finish top 20. As of now, only 29 confirmed racers, but I'm expecting it to be more as usual, since some do not register until day-of race.

I will talk more about the Road Race tomorrow night, when I post about the criterium results and my opinions...

Last note, please pray for my friend's son, 14 years old, who was hit by a car yesterday. He was life-lifted by helicopter, and according to local papers was still in the Emergency Room at 9 P.M. last night. I haven't heard anymore about it. My prayers and love go out to the family who I have known for a long time.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Best of luck. I look forward to reading your race report.