Random Cycling Quote

Saturday, March 1, 2008

disappointed

So, I wake up at 4:30 this morning very excited for Rutgers. Then I see 2 text messages and 3 missed calls from our club president. I call him back, and I find out the other teammates have decided we shouldn't go. It's not raining outside, it's not snowing... heck, it ain't even that cold right now! "Wet road" was their excuse. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't majority of races "Rain or Shine"? Yes, I know roads are slippery when it rains, but the sun might clear it up, or the races may slow down a little! I've been on training rides when there were wet roads, and I've slipped and scraped up my elbows, legs and knees. But that's part of the risk of being a cyclist. Heck, my car/bike crash back in October was in down pouring rain, and my teammates are afraid of wet roads.

I am really disappointed right now because of this. I spent the last 2 months training and training HARD, I even let me school study slip because I was so determined to place top 9 today in the Time Trial. "Well, you could go by yourself if you really want to race" our president said. I am not going to represent a team by myself when there should be 5 of us on our way to Rutgers right this minute!

If you're going to let rain or wet road stop you, you're in the wrong sport.

No comments: