Random Cycling Quote

Monday, March 3, 2008

R.I.P. Caleb

A friend of mine's younger brother has been killed in an automobile accident Saturday night. I would like to take a moment to reflect on the Ott family. News article here

I grew up playing soccer with the one of the sons, Luke. The father, Reverend Randy Ott was always involved with the soccer when we were growing up, and was my dad's assistant coach for our local and travel soccer teams for several years. I later met 2 of Luke's 3 brother, Josh who is older and Caleb who is younger, both very athletic themselves. The mother I met when I was young, a very sweet lady.

The timing is bad for this recent death. Mrs. Ott (link to her blog) was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer back in September. It is really a hard time for the Ott family, and I want to express my love and prayers to the Ott family. Mr. and Mrs. Ott, I know this is a difficult time for you, but Caleb is in a better place, and I'm sure he misses all of us down here.

Rest in Peace Caleb, you will be missed.

No comments: