Random Cycling Quote

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Penn State University Race Weekend

This Friday the four of us (Christina, Kim, Scott and myself) will be traveling to State College, PA for a race weekend hosted by Penn State University. On Saturday is the Black Moshannon Road Race. 21.4 miles loop with 3 climbs totaling 1874 feet of climbing per lap. For this one I will try my best to stay with the peloton, and if it explodes like at Phoenixville I will try to stay with a small group until the sprint at the end. Men's D will only do 1 loop.

On Sunday is the Science Park Time Trial. Originally scheduled to be a Team Time Trial, it has been changed to Individual Time Trial so this will be my chance to make up for missing the Rutgers Time Trial. I can't wait. It's a 4.5 mile, out and back rolling course. I'm going to shoot for about 11 minutes, which I believe would almost guarantee a top 9 spots to bring points to the team.

Later in the morning on Sunday is the Downtown State College Criterium. A flat, 1K long, 6 turn course. Flat is always good, and I plan to stay in with the peloton for this race. For Men's D, the race will be 30 minutes.

I will post results and my opinions afterwards!

No comments: