Random Cycling Quote

Sunday, May 11, 2008

we've gone through all 4 seasons at least 3 times in the last 2 weeks

In Northeast US, we've seriously had it all in the last 2 or 3 weeks. This morning I wake up feeling good and I have decided that I want to race. I get on the computer and check weather.com and see that right now it's not even 40 degrees... IN THE MIDDLE OF MAY!!! And by the time of my race (8:30), it won't even be 60 degrees.

Normally I wouldn't let this bother me, but the reason it is bothering me is because of my car's air control not working properly and I can't get heat or A/C at all. Sometimes no air even comes out. So, I would be pretty much freezing the whole drive there until the sun shines brightly in through my car's windows. Maybe AFTER the race the car would be toasty.

I've decided, only because of the weather, that I'm opting out. I'm pretty pissed since I've already paid my $25 plus the $2.70 bikereg fee and I'm sure I'm not getting my money back if I ask for a refund. Most places won't unless for a good reason (i.e. got injured the night before). I'd be laughed at if I say because it's too cold for my car to drive.

Next week is the Union Grove Road Race near Lancaster, I don't know if I'm ready to do a road race right now. Yes, I know I've done road races during the collegiate season, but I'm on my "break" right now. I'll look around to see if any other races are going on, usually the Hellertown Crit would be happening next week but that was canceled this year.

I'm going back to bed, getting up in an hour or so and then going out for a ride. Good night...

No comments: