Random Cycling Quote

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Envelope please...

After constant debating, I have just signed up for the BoB Rodale Fitness Park Criterium. My reasoning, I didn't want to do anything Saturday except maybe do a light ride, after having such a killer semester. I missed the New Bethlehem Criterium last year, and I guess I'm going to have to miss it again this year, which is this coming Saturday. Maybe next year I will get to do it.

The course is pretty simple, mostly flat with one sudden, quick climb with a slow downhill afterwards. This will be the same exact course as the Thursday Night Training Series criterium that I've done several times already. I didn't get to do it last night, I was quite busy.

I'm quite nervous actually, because I crashed in this last year during one of the training crits, and since this will be an actual race, people will be more aggressive. I'm just going to try and stay on the outside and towards the front for most of the race.

My race is at 8:30, so the only downside is I have to get up at 6ish and be out the door by 6:45ish. Results post on sunday night!

No comments: