Random Cycling Quote

Friday, June 13, 2008

Thursday Night Training Series report

So last night, I finally made my way down to Trexlertown for the TNTS crit. I had no intention of going all out in this training crit, since I'm doing a criterium this weekend. I talked to the coach of our team who was doing the training crit as well and he said to just sit in, so I thought it would be that easy... HECK NO!

Right off the start people started sprinting and going hard, so I tried my best to stay towards the back of the pack. On the third lap of 15, there was a sprint (sprints are every 3 laps) and I already got off the back. By the end of the race I was lapped twice, which was pretty disappointing, but hey, it's only a training crit that cost me $5. I'll be doing the Cargas Criterium this weekend, next week I'll do the training crit again and maybe the Bloomsburg criterium that weekend.

Now, I gotta go lift at the weightroom, and go for a 2+ hour bike ride!

No comments: